Don't Forget: Do These Now!
Take a (virtual) tour of the HSL
Set up the campus network on all your devices. It will save you time when you do library research.
The easy way to set up your devices for campus networks:
- Go to the School of Medicine OIS for assistance: 065 MacNider Hall, 919-962-4357, Mon-Fri 9am-4pm.
Be sure to mention you need to connect to the UNC network used in the library.
Additional information and hints for networking, NAC agent (required to access SoM network), and operating system or Microsoft Office upgrades is here:
Don't forget: change your password on all your devices when you reset your Onyen password (required every 90 days).
Sprint to Print
Color or black and white printers are available at HSL. Send jobs from HSL computers. To send from your laptop:
Organize Citations & PDF's
Before you drown in information overload:
- Register for a free UNC account to try out the new F1000 Workspace
- UNC will no longer license RefWorks after Summer, 2017; we recommend users transition to another citation manager by then. For help, consult our guide on Switching Citation Managers or request assistance via Ask-a-Librarian.
- For other options, consult our guide on comparing citation managers. We will continue to update this guide as new information is available.
Be True to Your School: Choose Allied Health
Select Allied Health as your affiliation on library forms.
- Then we will know how much Allied Health people love using library services!
Need Software or Online Training?
Veterans Resources: Campus & Beyond
Office of the Dean of Students Veterans Resources Contacts
Contact Us . Located in Suite 1106 Student Academic Services North Building, open M-F, 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. For after hour emergencies, contact the Department of Public Safety at (919) 962-8100 or 911. Click here for the UNC interactive campus map.
Department of Allied Health Sciences Veterans Resource Team Member