Barbara's Basics: First Things First
Do These Now!
Set up the campus network on all your devices. It will save you time when you do library research.
The easy way to set up your devices for campus networks:
- Go to the School of Medicine OIS for assistance: 065 MacNider Hall, 919-962-4357, Mon-Fri 9am-4pm.
Be sure to mention you need to connect to the UNC network used in the library.
Additional information and hints for networking, NAC agent, and operating system or Windows Office upgrades is here:
Don't forget, change your password on all your devices when you reset your Onyen password (required every 90 days).
Sprint to Print
Color or black and white printers are available at HSL. Send jobs from HSL computers. To send from your laptop:
- Download CCI / Pharos Printing Software
Be True to Your Words
Learn how to write without plagiarizing before you write your first paper.
Before you drown in information overload:
- Set up a RefWorks account and learn to use this tool to help you keep track of the articles you find and cite them correctly when you write.
Article Not Online? Don't Fret!
Wizards at the HSL can get you articles and books even when the library does not own them.
- Set up your Interlibrary Loan (ILL) account before you need it.
We All Need Somebody to Lean On
Ask a Librarian whenever you need help.
- Chat, email, call or meet with a librarian. We can save you time. We really mean it!
- There is a link to Ask a Librarian in the header of every HSL page.
Be True to Your School
Select Allied Health as your affiliation on library forms.
- Then we will know how much Allied Health people love using library services!