Barbara's Basics: First Things First
Do These Now!
Set up the campus network on all your devices. It will save you time when you do library research.
The easy way to set up your devices for campus networks:
- Go to the School of Medicine OIS for assistance: 065 MacNider Hall, 919-962-4357, Mon-Fri 9am-4pm.
Be sure to mention you need to connect to the UNC network used in the library.
Additional information and hints for networking, NAC agent, and operating system or Windows Office upgrades is here:
Don't forget, change your password on all your devices when you reset your Onyen password (required every 90 days).
Sprint to Print
Color or black and white printers are available at HSL. Send jobs from HSL computers. To send from your laptop:
- Installing CCI Printing on Your CCI Laptop
Be True to Your Words
Learn how to write without plagiarizing before you write your first paper.
Before you drown in information overload:
- Set up a RefWorks account and learn to use this tool to help you keep track of the articles you find and cite them correctly when you write.
- OR register for a free UNC account to try out the new F1000 Workspace product: F1000 Workspace sign-in/registration.
Article Not Online? Don't Fret!
Wizards at the HSL can get you articles and books even when the library does not own them.
- Set up your Interlibrary Loan (ILL) account before you need it.
We All Need Somebody to Lean On
Ask a Librarian whenever you need help.
- Chat, email, call or meet with a librarian. We can save you time. We really mean it!
- There is a link to Ask a Librarian in the header of every HSL page.
Be True to Your School
Select Allied Health as your affiliation on library forms.
- Then we will know how much Allied Health people love using library services!
Need software? Need Online Training?
Veterans Resources Campus & Beyond
Office of the Dean of Students Veterans Resources Contacts
Contact Us . Located in Suite 1106 Student Academic Services North Building, open M-F, 8:00 am until 5:00 pm. For after hour emergencies, contact the Department of Public Safety at (919) 962-8100 or 911. Click here for the UNC interactive campus map.
Department of Allied Health Sciences Veterans Resource Team Member
New to HSL?
Allied Health Sciences Guides
Allied Health Sciences Liaison
- All Allied Health Sciences and Related Guides
- Barbara's Profile
- HSL News & Events
- YOUR HEALTH® Radio
- HSL's F1000Workspace Guide
- Alternative Academic Careers (ALTAC) Guide
- Qualitative Research Resources
- Appreciative Inquiry & Positive Psychology Resources