To import a saved database reference file into Endnote Online:
- Open your Endnote Online account in your browser. Under the Collect option, click Import References.
- Click the Browse button on this screen to import the file.
- Next to Import Option:, select the correct format from the dropdown menu. If you do not select the correct file format from the dropdown list, your references will not be imported. The correct file formats for common health sciences databases at UNC are as follows:
- Embase: Embase-STN
- PubMed: PubMed (NLM)
- Google Scholar: RefMan (RIS)
- From the To: dropdown menu, select the group where you would like to place the imported references (or select [unfiled] if you don't want to put them in a group). Then click Import.