This guide will provide support for students and researchers who are using either Endnote Basic or the full Endnote Online
Exporting References from Embase
- Select the references you want to export by clicking the boxes on the left side of the screen.
- Click Export. A new dialog box will open.
- Leave the Export Format in the default, which is RIS (Mendeley, Endnote). Click Export.
- When you see the Ready for Download box, click Download.
- A new dialog box will ask you to open or save the file--select the Save option.
- Follow the steps in the box below to import the saved reference file into your Endnote Online account.
Importing References into Endnote Online
To import a saved database reference file into Endnote Online:
- Open your Endnote Online account in your browser. Under the Collect option, click Import References.
- Click the Browse button on this screen to import the file.
- Next to Import Option:, select the correct format from the dropdown menu. If you do not select the correct file format from the dropdown list, your references will not be imported. The correct file formats for common health sciences databases at UNC are as follows:
- Embase: Embase-STN
- PubMed: PubMed (NLM)
- Google Scholar: RefMan (RIS)
- From the To: dropdown menu, select the group where you would like to place the imported references (or select [unfiled] if you don't want to put them in a group). Then click Import.