Printing a Bibliography: Selecting Favorite Styles
If you have a few citation styles that you use often, you may want to select them as favorites to use when you print a bibliography. To do this:
- Click on the Select favorites link next to the Bibliographic Style dropdown menu.
- Select your desired style, and click Copy to Favorites. You can do this with as many styles as you would like.
- Your styles will appear on your favorites list when you choose a style for a bibliography.
Printing a Bibliography
If you are using the Cite While You Write Plug-in, a bibliography will be automatically created at the end of your paper. If you want to print a bibliography not attached to a paper, though, you can do it by going to Format>>Bibliography.
- If your references are not already in a group and you do not want to print all the references in your account, put them on the Quick List on the My References screen.
- On the Bibliography screen, select the group of references you would like to print out from the References dropdown menu.Select your desired citation style and file format from the appropriate menus. File format options on this screen include HTML, plain text (TXT), and rich text (RTF).
- Click the appropriate button below the dropdown menus. The Save button will prompt you to save your new file onto your computer. Email will prompt you to email the references to yourself (or someone else), and Preview & Print will prompt you to print out your bibliography.
The Export References function is almost exactly the same as the Bibliography function, except that it allows you to download your references in a citation manager file format. To get there, click on the Format link on the top of the page, and then on Export References.
Use this function if you want to import references from Endnote Online into another citation manager, or into an unsync'ed Endnote Desktop file. File formats available on this screen include BibTex, Endnote, RIS, Refer, and tab delimited.