Rehabilitation Service Line Resources: UNC Hospitals
Five Steps of Evidence-Based Practice:
1. Assess - A question arises during care of a patient
2. Ask - Completely articulate all parts of the question
3. Acquire - Conduct a thorough focused search and select the highest quality evidence
4. Appraise - Evaluate the evidence for validity and clinical applicability
5. Apply - Use clinical expertise to integrate applicable evidence with attention to patient values
Evidence Based Practice: Multidisciplinary Resources
EBP Databases and Content Collections:
The resources below will generally provide higher levels of evidence because experts have collected, analyzed, and reported on the evidence for you. This is called filtered information.
Higher types of evidence include Systematic Reviews, Meta-Analyses, Guidelines, Critically Appraised Topics and more.
You can also search for specific Publication Types or Article Types like Systematic Review, Meta-Analysis, Guideline, or Randomized Controlled Trial in Health Sciences Databases such as CINAHL, PubMed, or Embase.
Discipline-Specific EBP Resources
EBP Tutorials and Tools
Critical Appraisal Tools
See, also, JAMA Evidence Education Guides in EBP Tutorials and Tools, above.