Remove Duplicate References
If you are doing a literature review, you'll want to make sure you aren't assessing duplicate copies of the same article. EndNote has a feature that helps you identify and remove duplicate copies.
To remove duplicate references:
- In the Groups panel in the left column, click on All References to display all the references in your library.
- From the menu bar, select References > Find Duplicates.
- If you have duplicate references in your library, the Find Duplicates dialog box will appear. For each set of duplicates, you have the following options:
- Click Keep This Record to save the preferred reference and discard the other in the trash.
- Click Skip to leave both references in the library. The references will be placed in a temporary Duplicate References group for later review.