Allied Health Sciences: PhD and Post-Doc Resources
Proposal Submission Guidelines for DAHS PHD Students
For additional information, please consult with the DAHS Office of Research & Scholarship.
Proposal Playbook (UNC OSR)
From UNC's Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)
HSL Research and Publishing Resources
HSL Research Hub
HSL Research and Publishing Guides
Funding Search Help
Graduate Funding Information Center (GFIC)
UNC Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Navigating NCTraCS: Examples from a Junior Faculty Member
Examples from a Junior Faculty Member: how $2k can shape your career --Clare Harrop, PhD
- Research Assistant Professor and Translational Research Methodologist, Allied Health Sciences
- Presentation to the UNC Department of Allied Health Sciences, October, 2018
- UNC's NC TraCS Institute ("TraCS"): An NIH grant-funded institute serving the research community with a mission to accelerate discoveries into interventions that improve the health of individuals and the public. Our aims are to develop and support a skilled research workforce, engage diverse stakeholders as active partners, develop innovative methods to address barriers to translating scientific findings, and incorporate cutting-edge informatics tools and methodologies in every aspect of translational research.
Also see the September 1, 2020, TraCS News Article, Asking the Right Questions, in which Clare Harrop, PhD, describes the TraCS $2K pilot award as a gateway that opened doors to many other opportunities.
- Why don't we see more young girls with autism? To tackle this big, complicated question, Clare Harrop, PhD - a developmental psychologist in the Department of Allied Health Sciences at Carolina - started small with a TraCS $2K pilot award.
- "I did not expect to get five publications, numerous conference presentations, and three more grants out of this."
Some additional Early Career Resources for Researchers
Grants & Programs for Early Career Researchers from Agencies & Associations
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
National Science Foundation (NSF)
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
U.S. Department of Defense
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Howard Hughes Medical Institute