Allied Health Sciences: PhD and Post-Doc Resources
New to HSL?
We will modify and adjust our plan as conditions change and as we build experience operating in this new environment.
Note that some resources and services covered below may have moved online, changed, or be temporarily unavailable during the coronavirus pandemic.
Surprise! Things you can check out
Use of HSL may differ during the coronovirus pandemic from our usual resources and services listed below:
We will modify and adjust our plans as conditions change and as we build experience operating in this new environment. Updates to the plan will be shared on the University Libraries website.
Some things you might not have realized you can check out at the 1st floor User Services Desk:
- Erasers and markers for white boards
- Device chargers (phones, mobiles, laptops)
- MAC and HDMI dongles
- Note: checkout periods and whether items must stay at HSL vary. Ask at the desk for assistance.
- Valid ID's for check-out include UNC OneCard, UNC Hospital badge, US Passport, NC Driver's License
PhD Posters (poster printing) Drop-Off: Right near the 1st floor User Services Desk
NEW: Digital Health Device Collection
- activity and sleep trackers, vitals metrics, mindfulness, and more!
- download .pdf brochure
- devices A-Z
- Devices are available for checkout Monday-Friday from 8am to 4:30pm. You may request them at the User Services Desk or by emailing Lynn Eades at firstname.lastname@example.org. A consultation is required before devices can be checked out
Stay Current with Less Effort
Help from HSL: use red "Ask Us" button at top right of any HSL web page or click link above. Options:
- Individual consultations with a librarian (according to availability and scheduling)
- Remote for Fall 2020: email, phone, Zoom, Skype, etc.
- Online knowledge base (FAQ's)
Online Resource Guides
HSL's Allied Health Sciences Resource Guides
Some HSL resources for Allied Health Sciences PhD students and post-docs:
- Allied Health Sciences Resource Guides
- Barbara's Basics
- Database Tips
- Writing in the Health Sciences
HSL Online Guides
HSL has an abundance of online guides that provide thorough and up-to-date information on anything from how to cite your research properly, to general subject research guides related to Allied Health. The HSL guides are a great place to start looking if you have general questions about a topic and can be a good jumping off point for your research topic.
- All HSL Online Guides
- Evidence-based Practice Guides
- EBPT, Forming Focused Questions with PICO, Introduction to EBP, and more
- See AHS discipline-specific EBP resources on discipline-specific AHS guides (research & practice tab)
- Mobile Resources Guides
- Canopy Medical Translator app, Mobile Health and Research apps, Mobile Health Research