Physical Therapy Resources: Databases
Core Databases for Physical Therapy Students
Psychology and Education-related Resources
Anatomy & Physiology Databases
Additional Medical & Interdisciplinary Resources
Additional Rehabilitation-Oriented Databases
Implicit Bias Resources Guide
"Implicit biases are discriminatory biases based on implicit attitudes or implicit stereotypes. Implicit biases are especially intriguing, and also especially problematic, because they can produce behavior that diverges from a person's avowed or endorsed beliefs or principles."
Greenwald, Anthony G., and Linda Hamilton Krieger. "Implicit Bias: Scientific Foundations." California Law Review 94, no. 4 (2006): 945-67. doi:10.2307/20439056.
Citing: AMA Manual of Style, 10th edition
Disability Search Tips and Resources - Nancy Schaefer (2015)
Other Useful guides
Find @ UNC
Click on the button in database results to:
- Go directly to most online articles
- Export article citations to Endnote or to formats for other reference managers
- Use Google Scholar or the Google Scholar Button browser add-in to find free full text.
- Search the UNC-CH Library Catalog to find the print journal
- Send an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request if the journal is not owned by UNC-CH
Learn How to Use Library Databases
Why use multiple databases?
Different databases focus on different areas of the literature, particularly so in physical therapy. Two recent studies point to the need to use multiple databases for, "comprehensive coverage of the physical therapy discipline. "(Fell, et al., p. 202)
- Michaleff, ZA, et al. CENTRAL, PEDro, PubMed, and EMBASE are the Most Comprehensive Databases Indexing Randomized Controlled Trials of Physical Therapy Interventions. Physical Therapy, 91 (2), February, 2011, pp. 190-197
- Fell, DW, et al. Mapping the Core Journals of the Physical Therapy Literature. J Med Libr Assoc, 99 (3), July, 2011, pp. 202-207
Allied Health Sciences Liaison
- Barbara's Profile
- HSL News/Features
- All Allied Health Sciences & Related Guides
- Alternative Academic Careers (ALTAC) Guide
- Appreciative Inquiry & Positive Psychology Resources
- F1000Workspace Guide
- Fogarty Global Health Fellowship Poster Resources
- Implicit Bias Resources
- Qualitative Research Resources
- So You Want to Be a Librarian?
- Writing in the Health Sciences