Collaborate with the HSL on Research
HSL librarians and staff have expertise in supporting all phases of the research lifecycle, including support for:
- Preparing Grants – Locate funding sources and conduct background literature reviews.
- Auto Alerts – Establish database alerts for automatic notification on latest news (e.g., new research or grant opportunities).
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence – Apply machine learning tools to prioritize literature and reduce the burden of screening literature search results manually.
- Evidence Synthesis – Distill research identified from a broad literature search to best available evidence; facilitate process of converting data from publications into evidence summaries.
- Systematic Reviews – Conduct expert searches, identify tools for managing references and screening literature, draft methods sections, and select appropriate journals for publication.
- Plain Language Summaries – Develop abstracts and summaries in lay language that are accessible to healthcare consumers.
- Abstract Optimization – Draft abstracts to ensure your research is discovered by others in bibliographic databases (e.g., PubMed MEDLINE) by leveraging librarian knowledge on proper keywords and indexing terms.
- Research Impact – Through visualization of data, illustrate institutional and author collaboration, research topics being investigated, and citation impact.