HSL librarians and staff have expertise in supporting all phases of the research lifecycle, including support for:
- Preparing Grants – Locate funding sources and conduct background literature reviews.
- Auto Alerts – Establish database alerts for automatic notification on latest news (e.g., new research or grant opportunities).
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence – Apply machine learning tools to prioritize literature and reduce the burden of screening literature search results manually.
- Evidence Synthesis – Distill research identified from a broad literature search to best available evidence; facilitate process of converting data from publications into evidence summaries.
- Systematic Reviews – Conduct expert searches, identify tools for managing references and screening literature, draft methods sections, and select appropriate journals for publication.
- Plain Language Summaries – Develop abstracts and summaries in lay language that are accessible to healthcare consumers.
- Abstract Optimization – Draft abstracts to ensure your research is discovered by others in bibliographic databases (e.g., PubMed MEDLINE) by leveraging librarian knowledge on proper keywords and indexing terms.
- Research Impact – Through visualization of data, illustrate institutional and author collaboration, research topics being investigated, and citation impact.
Contact the Health Sciences Library or the pharmacy librarian to learn more about any of the above options or with any research questions.